11/7/13 – General Meeting
- Rebecca C Daprato, PhD, PE; Environmental Consulting at Geosyntec Consultants
10/30/13 – Movie Night
- Watched Urbanized, the third documentary in Gary Hustwit’s design trilogy
10/24/13 – General Meeting
- Spencer Suarez, LT from the Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program (NUPOC)
10/10/13 – General Meeting
- Claire Heumann from Arup
10/5/13 – BBQ Social
9/26/13 – General Meeting
- Alan Shive from Fluor Corporation
9/12/13 – General Meeting
- Dr. De Blanc from GSI Environmental Inc
9/5/13 – First General Meeting
- Officer introductions; purpose of ASCE
- Dr. Jamie Padgett – research interests (bridge retrofitting) and different possible career paths
- Dr. Rouzbeh Shahsavari – research interests (nano in cementitious materials) and competitions
4/30/13 – Rinker Materials Plant Tour
- Visit to Rinker Materials plant site. Large scale manufacturing of concrete pipes
4/10/13 – 2013 Chi Epsilon/ASCE Honors Banquet
- Banquet for students, faculty, and staff. New officers and some scholarships!
3/23/13 – Concrete Canoe Competition, Texas-Mexico Region
- Canoe team going to Corpus Christi! Best of luck to Cloud.
4/22/11 – General Meeting/End of the year social
- Jack Sakolosky from Othon came to discuss various projects that Othon pursued
4/12/11 – ASCE-Chi Epsilon Banquet
4/8/11 – Course Advisory Meeting
- Upperclassmen gave their opinions on class to take next year
4/1/11 – General Meeting
- Ranney McDonough came to talk about the professional life and the prospects of owning your own company
- Ilona Hanten, Thomas Spangenberg, and Evan Wehrle came to talk about their firm, KBR
2/23/11-ASCE Career Fair
2/18/11 – General Meeting
- Jeff Taylor and Jason Ward came to talk about their firm, Freese and Nichols
2/10/11 – General Meeting
- Kate Hallaway came to talk about her latest project in Pate Engineering
1/28/11 – ASCE Game Night
- Board games and card games to foster CEVE bonding.
1/21/11 – General Meeting – First meeting of the semester
- Ben talks about what ASCE has to offer, as well as the agenda for the coming semester
1/14/11 – Textbook Sale
- Come to buy and/or sell your old CEVE (or otherwise) textbooks.
12/2/10 – General Meeting
- End of semester celebration.
11/18/10 – General Meeting
- Clay Forister from LJA engineering came to talk about the firm and recent projects.
11/11/10 – Course Advisory Meeting
- Upperclassmen gathered to give their opinions on which courses to take.
11/5/10 – General Meeting
- Grant Warnecke, past Rice ASCE president, came to talk about his experiences working for Shell and the opportunities they offer.
10/22/10 – Tour at Hanson
- We toured the Hanson concrete pipe & precast materials facility.
10/7/10 – General Meeting
- Joe Jones, Craig Williams, Jeremy Hudgens, and Richard Sasser from Austin Commerical came to talk about their firm and their latest project: the Methodist West Houston Hospital.
- We also discussed the Hanson concrete pipe & precast materials facility tour scheduled for Friday, 10/22/10.
9/21/10 – General Meeting
- Julio Salinas from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDoT) came to talk about the responsibilities and projects of TxDoT.
9/3/10 – General Meeting
- Fall 2010 kickoff meeting. Brett Pope from the ASCE Younger Members group came to speak about ASCE and the benefits they offer.
- The officers were introduced, and the plans for the coming semester were detailed.
4/23/10 – General Meeting
- End of the year celebration and send off for seniors.
4/9/10 – General Meeting
- Ron Reichert talks about a recent topic in engineering
3/26/10 – General Meeting
- An engineer from AECOM talks about the firm.
3/12/10 – General Meeting
- Representative from Engineering Green Buildings group talks about how to greenify our profession.
2/19/10 – General Meeting
- Julio Salinas talks about opportunities in ASCE Houston.
2/5/10 – General Meeting
- Research opportunities from Dr. Padgett, Dr. Cohan, Dr. Griffin, and Dr. Stanciulescu.
2/3/10 – ASCE Spring Career Fair
- One of the few career fairs geared only to Civil Engineers.
1/21/10 – General Meeting
- First meeting of the semester; learn about professionalism.
12/4/09- General Meeting
- We had our end of semester celebration, complete with lunch, cookies and Christmas music.
11/20/09- General Meeting- Speaker from NGI
- We had Francisco Hernandez-Martinez from NGI come and speak about geotechnical difficulties in underseas projects.
11/6/09- General Meeting- Speaker from KBR
- This week we had Buster Brown from KBR speak about his experience with KBR and structural issues in construction for oil and gas.
10/23/09- General Meeting- Speakers from the City of Houston
- Two speakers from the City of Houston came in and spoke about jobs in the civil service sector.
10/2/09- General Meeting- Speakers from Walter P. Moore
- We had two younger civil engineers from Walter P. Moore talk about working in the general civil section of that company, specifically transportation design.
9/18/09- General Meeting- Speaker from Grounds Anderson
- Elle Anderson from Grounds Anderson came to talk about opportunities in environmental engineering.
9/4/09- General Meeting
- This was out first meeting of the semester, a kick off meeting. We talked about the time-line and goals for the semester, as well as introduced the officers to new members.
06/25/09- Outreach Event
We brought in roughly 20 elementary school children for a tour of Rice and the engineering facilities. After the tour, we demonstrated concrete and wooden beam testing, and informed the children about research opportunities at Rice.
- End of semester meeting. We introduced the new officers to all the members and we planned for the next school year.
03/27/09- General Meeting- Speaker from East Jordan Iron Works
- We had Ron Reichert from East Jordan Iron Works come in and speak on standardization of iron products in the US.
02/13/09- General Meeting- Speaker from Terracon
- Patrick Beecher from Terracon spoke about geotechnical engineering opportunities in the civil engineering field.
02/11/09- Internship/Career Fair
- Our annual spring career fair. This year we had about 6 companies and 35 students show up. It was well attended although due to the sluggish economy was somewhat lacking in company representation.
1/30/09- General Meeting
This was our spring semester kick-off meeting. The officers talked about the plans for the semester as well as goals.